Nature's Coco Coir Block is one of our best selling products. It is also called as 'coir fiber pith' or 'coir dust' and is produced as a bi-product when coconut husks are processed for the extraction of the long fibers.
Here are some of its unique attributes:
- It is the binding material that comes from the fiber fraction of the coconut husk. It is a pure, natural, organic and biodegradable material.
- It is an eco-friendly growing medium which improves soil properties.
- It is economical and eco-friendly alternative to Sphagnum peat moss. It can replace Sphagnum peat moss as the best growing material for gardening and other horticultural needs.
- It will last three times in comparison to sphagnum peat moss. Unlike peat moss, Coco coir is hydrophilic and will re-wet easily without using wetting agents. It can hold up to 12 - 18 times its own weight in water. Used as a growing medium/potting medium coco coir outperforms most of the popular brands of sphagnum peat.
- It promotes healthy root growth in plants.
- It is an excellent growing medium for both commercial and home gardening applications.
- The hydroponics and horticulture industries have observed that plants grown with the aid of Coco coir develop larger roots, stems and flower blossoms. This is because unlike ordinary soil, which is usually compacted, Nature's Coco Coir provides more breathing space and aeration for plant roots, resulting in better growth.