Nature's Coco Coir Block is the best alternative to Sphagnum peat moss. Used as a growing medium/potting medium, It out-performs most of the popular brands of sphagnum peat.
Please check out lab reports on Nature's Coco Coir:
Benefits of Nature's Coco Coir are as follows:
- High water holding capacity
- Acceptable pH for plants to grow and Low EC
, superior to sphagnum peat moss wettability
- Ability to retain nutrients against leaching and to buffer supply
- It provides Good drainage / aeration
- Less shrinkage
- Retains physical properties longer
- Light weight
- Prevent pests, weeds, or diseases
- Odorless and pleasant to handle
- Natural resource and biodegradable
- Uniform in composition
- 100% Organic
- Promotes strong root growth and plant vigor.
- Absorbs water readily and re-wets easily, thus reducing the need for wetting agents.
- Reduces watering frequency without plant stress, thereby reducing labor costs and minimizing plant loss
- Increases shelf life of plants
- Slow breakdown of material means product will not shrink during your growing cycle